R23 is a HFC, used as a replacement for R13 and R503 in very low temperature refrigeration. It is also used as a clean fire suppressant as a replacement for Halon 1301. R23 is most commonly used in cascade systems at an evaporating temperature of -60oC to -100oC and at a condensing temperature of approximately -10oC to -40oC. R23 now has limited use due to its high Global Warming Potential (GWP).
*Replacement of existing R13 systems, Fire suppression (replacement for Halon 1301)
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the "Find a supplier" box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0215518790 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- -Suitable replacement for R13, with comparable physical and thermodynamic properties
- Non-flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more informa
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Service Gases.
Enter your Postal code, Town or City to find your nearest stockist
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)