R449A (Opteon© XP40) is a HFO blend, used as a replacement for R404A and R507 in low and medium temperature refrigeration applications. R449A (Opteon© XP40) is suitable for new installations as well as retrofits of existing equipment. Its low Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 1397 offers improved energy efficiency and environmental properties.
Contact A-Gas for pack sizes
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the "Find a supplier" box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0215518790 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Substitute for R404A and R507
- Zeotropic refrigerant blend containing R32, R125, R1234yf and R134a
- Refrigerant must be charged from the liquid phase to ensure accurate composition
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Low GWP of 1397, 64% reduction over R404A
- Performance closely matches that of R404A
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Service Gases.
Enter your Postal code, Town or City to find your nearest stockist
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)