R290 (Propane) is refrigerant grade propane, used as an alternative to R22 and R502 in low, medium and high temperature refrigeration and air conditioning applications. R290 (Propane) is a Hydrocarbon and although highly flammable it is an efficient refrigerant that has a low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
Commercial Air Conditioning
Industrial Air Conditioning
Domestic Air Conditioning
*Heat pumps, Water heaters
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the "Find a supplier" box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- R290 (Propane) is fitted with a left handed DIN 477-1 valve; an adaptor may be required
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 0215518790 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid and vapour phase
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A3
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Low GWP of 3
- Excellent thermodynamic properties leading to high energy efficiency
- Low charges allow for smaller heat exchanges and piping dimensions
- Due to its flammable nature R290 (Propane) requires different charging and recovery procedures
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A‑Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Service Gases.
Enter your Postal code, Town or City to find your nearest stockist
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)