In this newly created role, the Rapid Recovery, Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading and growing the company’s new service offering in line with the company business plan.
The role will form part of the commercial structure and will initially report to the Managing Director.
What else will you do?
- Full P&L accountability for the business unit
- Develop a growth strategy and lead the business development activities through direct contact with contractors, industry influencers, end users and internal stakeholders
- Budgeting and forecasting – full P&L budgeting for the business unit including capex and resource requirements in line with growth strategy
- Structure the commercial offer to ensure profit maximization
- Manage a team of technicians, monitoring daily activities and effectiveness
- Active member of a global peer group
- Ensure all work undertaken is in line with the Company’s work procedures and processes and commitment to zero harm
- Support technicians on difficult or complicated projects
- Manage an opportunity pipeline from lead generation through ensuring that proposals are converted into projects
- Manage and maintain a customer base through regular interaction
- Implement continuous improvement best practice to maximize profitability and optimize costs
- Act as a back-up resource for the technicians whilst they are on leave or when there are vacancies
The successful applicant will have at least 7 years’ experience in a sales/business development role with experience in managing commercial relationships with contractors/end users. A practical hands-on approach is essential as is a strong health and safety orientation. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to manage their own business unit within a supportive environment from start up.
Success in this role depends not only on knowledge and experience. It’s about who you are and how you go about your work. We are looking for someone who fits the following:
- Commercially astute with a strategic ability to develop medium to long term plans
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative and get things done
- Excellent people skills with the confidence to work and interact at all levels
- Strong communicator with a collaborative orientation